The Foundation's capital
This house was purchased by Robert Samuel in 1907. After its conversion by the renowned architect Hermann von Endt, the cigar Importer Robert Samuel utilised this building for the storage and sales of cigars as well as for office rooms. The name of the house probably originates from Robert Samuel's activities as the purveyor to the court of the Württemberg royal family of Hohenzollern.
Having been destroyed by an incendiary bomb in the Second World War, the Hohenzollernhaus was renovated and extended step by step. Since the overall refurbishment and the reconstruction of the historical roof at the beginning of the 80s, the Hohhenzollernhaus has represented the most important financial base of the Foundation's activities.